Thursday, August 16, 2012

Filthy Boy

UPDATE December 2013: New LP available now:  'Smile That Won't Go Down"

James Endeacott is to raw talent what a divining rod is to water.  I reckon he vibrates when he spots a hot new band. James has brought us The Strokes, The Libertines, The View  and his latest discovery is no less talented and unique.  Meet Filthy Boy.

Filthy Boy is a new alternative band from South London.

Members: Paraic Morrissey, Michael Morrissey, Harry Weskin and Benjamin Deschamps.



If I close my eyes when I listen to Filthy Boy, it feels like I have been transported back in time to some mid-60's dark and probably aromatic hole named something like The Cave or The Cellar.

I first heard the Naughty Corner lyrics and I was intrigued, then I heard Spiral Eyes and Waiting On the Doorstep and I was in love.  I feel voyeuristic as I listen...like peeking in someones bedroom window to catch them doing the nasty. I am fascinated by the words, the deep sultry tones and the hot guitar licks...I want more.
 
Watch the new videos Waiting On The Doorstep and Naughty Corner then visit Filthy Boy's band-site and listen to Spiral Eyes and see what you think.



Enjoy the new "Naughty Corner" Video. (inspired by a 50's fetish film director called Elliot Castle)



 Find them:
@filthyboyband
FB Facebook
Oh Mercy Management, Mat Schneck / James Endeacott:  info@ohmercymanagement.com


db

No comments: